April 24, 2010

Bookreporter & Mother-Daughter Writing

Every Friday I find a copy of The Bookreporter enewsletter in my email in-box -- a lengthy and chatty online periodical of new book reviews and suggestions. Although they often highlight genres I do not read (too many best-sellers and thrillers), from it I have found real gems to read. While I am perusing Bookreporter, I often leave two other web windows open -- my inter-library loan page of the local 4-County Library system and Amazon.com. I can read more about any title and sometimes order it.

Bookreporter has links to many resources and related sites. At their blog this month, in anticipation of Mother's Day, there is a contest for a basket of books, and they are featuring Mother-Daughter authors...
some you may know (the mystery author Mary Higgins Clark sometimes co-writes with her mystery-writing daughter Carol Higgins Clark) and others you may not (the food-centered writings of the Lappe's; Sue Monk Kidd, the author of the wildly successful The Secret Life of Bees, has co-written a travel and life-passage/challenge memoir with her daughter).

Any other duos you know of? Any you've read?

And a weekend morning thought...How would Saturday Night Live handle this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment