April 23, 2010

Birthday Tea

I recently found out about a tea room in our area, so for my mom´s birthday, I took her there for tea/lunch...  but it didn´t quite live up to the tea rooms we used to go to when I was a kid. This one was more of a lunch place that happened to serve tea and scones. There was a tea room near us for a while when I was young that was called something like The Victorian Women´s Tea Room and served several courses of goodies including cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and little petit four type desserts. That place was amazing. Though the menu here wasn´t as nice, it was a lovely mother-daughter day just spending time together. We also noticed that they do offer more of a traditional high tea, but only for parties of 10 or more, with reservations.
Does anyone want to get dressed up and have high tea with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment