December 4, 2010

Winter Feast for the Soul - will you be meditating in 2011?

Rebecca and I are women of many projects...we are what Barbara Sher has termed Scanners (a topic we will be writing more about in the coming months).
Both of us also like to look ahead...to plan projects and at times commit ourselves to challenges and to join larger efforts for inspiration and community. One of our mutual interests is meditation and cultivating a sitting practice.

Last year we wrote about Winter Feast for the Soul       
 which is now an annual 40-day worldwide spiritual/meditation practice.
It is suggested that participants meditate for 40 minutes daily from January 15 - February 23, 2010.
The website is full of related news and resources and during the specified time period they add various free online audios and visuals.

But I know myself...I'd like to return to a meditation practice, just sitting quietly on most days of the week, of the month. I don't want to commit myself to 40 days and 40 minutes.
So I will join in -- peripherally
and use this wonderful program for inspiration.
A reasonable goal for me is 20 minutes on 4 or 5 days a week.

That's one of my goals for the upcoming New Year.
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment