February 2, 2011

Garden Inspiration and Resources

Since this is the time of year when I am dreaming of and planning for the gardening season to come, I thought I'd share some of my new and old favorite gardening resources with you.

Photo from You Grow Girl

Books/Magazines
Eliot Coleman's The Winter Harvest Handbook, Four-Season Harvest, and The New Organic Grower
John Jeavons' The Sustainable Vegetable Garden or How to Grow More Vegetables and Fruits (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine
Gayla Trail's Grow Great Grub and You Grow Girl

Organic Gardening Magazine
Mother Earth News
I also love to browse the gardening section at my local library for books with lots of photos and garden plans. Though I rarely use specifics from this sort of book and don't recommend buying them, they can help generate ideas for my own garden.

Seed/Plant Catalogs
Fedco
High Mowing Organic Seeds
Johnny's Selected Seeds (also has great tools)
St. Lawrence Nurseries - cold-hardy fruit and nut trees
Lee Valley (tools only, no plants)


Online Resources and Eye Candy
Seed starting chart from You Grow Girl
Farm Hack - a resource for making your own farm and garden tools and equipment
Martha Stewart Gardening - also features some practical DIY projects
Path to Freedom - Urban homestead in Pasadena, CA

What are your favorite gardening resources and inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment