November 30, 2010

I love my IPAD but....

I am tech ambivalent...I love my tech toys Apple iPad MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi)


and at times yearn to evolve into The TechnoCrone...
I'd be similar to a number of writers of financial blogs and columns, the ones who tell you how bad off they have been and how they have overcame the obstacles to now have a fortune....I will tell you all the amusing and not-so-amusing anecdotes about troubles loading my cellphone or about when I was a computer newbie and ignorant of keyboard functions and shortcuts and literally retyped a hundred of the same email to students in a class of mine!

But at the moment I am focusing on the downside of our tech toys...the social and environmental realities.
Some of the facts are horrifying. The materials that are used to create our phones and e-readers and the like are made with what is called "rape minerals."

In that light, I suggest you click on this link to read a recent Huffington Post column written by actress-activist Ashley Judd.

No comments:

Post a Comment